Our Faculty Gift to our Alumni!
This session is offered at a discount and the cost is primarily covered by the SLU Continuing Education Program
Friday, November 10, 2023
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Offered via Live Zoom only
Alumni receive a $65 discount
*Must be pre-registered by November 1, no exceptions, as the clinical licensure test book is mailed to you in advance of the November 10, Zoom session.
Presented by: Dawn Apgar, PhD, LSW, ACSW, has helped thousands of social workers across the country pass the ASWB examinations associated with all levels of licensure. Dr. Apgar has done research on licensure funded by the American Foundation for Research and Consumer Education in Social Work Regulation and was chairperson of her state’s social work licensing board. She is a past President of the New Jersey Chapter of NASW. Dr. Apgar has extensive experience in social work education as well as in direct practice and management.
Course Description: The one-day virtual workshop will assist participants through the necessary steps to pass the ASWB Clinical exam and reduce test anxiety. It will review all key clinical exam content areas. All attendees will be provided with a comprehensive study book with a practice test included.
Additionally, registration comes with 6-month access to a robust Social Work Licensure Preparation Learning Management System. This includes:
• A full copy of the electronic exam guide for your exam category
• A wealth of test-taking tips and strategies to foster exam confidence
• A practice test (with explanations of correct answers) that mirrors the exam
• The ability to build a customized study plan
• Flashcards and other study tools
• A discussion board with full access to the author and others who are studying for the exam
• Online learning community where you can connect virtually with other people who are studying for the exam
PLUS Receive a 50-question pre-test before the course to help the presenter tailor the course to meet your needs and provide you with a report that you can use to help you in the course!
If you need special accommodations or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-977-2724
This event is for unlicensed social workers and is NOT offered for Continuing Education Credit.